Monday, September 1, 2014

Goodbye Summer!

Long weekends are simply the greatest thing ever, don't you agree?  We had a wonderful long weekend filled with the three "F's" in life...football, family and fun!

Football -  Saturday I spent my entire day here.


Kinnick Stadium, home of the Iowa Hawkeyes! My mom and I woke up bright and early that morning for the two hour drive east and then caught the train into the stadium to watch my beloved team win!  I'm already counting down the days until I can go back again in a couple of weeks!



Family - Sunday we took a little road trip to the lake to visit Ryan's family (yes, Ryan loves to ruin my pictures).


We started the day with a ride on grandpa's boat...



And ended it with a fish fry at the edge of the lake!  No better way to spend a summer evening!



Fun - One of the things I had at the top of my to-do list this weekend was to go through Rowen's closet and put away all of her 18-24 month clothes, which no longer fit (girl is growing like a weed).

After filling up (yet another) giant tub of clothes, I realized she had hardly anything that fit for Fall and Winter.  So, off on a little shopping spree we went!


Thank goodness for Labor Day sales because I pretty much bought out the entire Carter's and OshKosh store in our town!  50% off of everything meant double the pants, shirts and pajamas...score!  All this girl needs are a couple pairs of shoes and she'll be set for Fall and Winter!


We ended the weekend by hosting a BBQ with our good friends, the Wilwerdings.  It's always so fun to see our kids play together - and their bounce house a huge hit!


With that being said, I think it's finally time to say goodbye to summer.  As much as I have loved the warm weather and the time spent outside, I am welcoming Fall (my favorite season) with open arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment