Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Party Planning

Rowen's second birthday is coming up in exactly two months, and I've officially given myself the "green light" for planning!  Eeek!  I love party planning - and with the help of my very party-savvy sister, I can't wait to get started!

This was the party my sister and I planned last year for Rowen's first birthday (post taken from my other blog, RPSDesigns).  Check it out...

About a month ago, we celebrated my daughter’s first birthday!  I cannot believe how fast this first year has gone by!  The day could not have been more perfect, it was a bit windy, but it was warm and sunny and that was enough to please me!

My sister was my biggest help in planning this party!  I keep telling her that she needs to open a party planning business, but of course she wont listen to me.  Anyways, I spent the last few months deciding on the perfect theme for the big bash.  I knew the party was going to be outdoors and wanted a theme to go with the setting.  So after scouring through hundreds of Pinterest pictures and other blogs I finally found the perfect theme...LADYBUGS, and I had a great idea for the invites!

 Now normally everything I do is digital (I have zero patience for crafts), but for this party I made an exception.  Each ladybug body was hand cut and then assembled onto a card stock invitation.  In the beginning I was really nervous that the final product would look like a third grade art project, but was pleasantly surprised how good they looked when all was said and done!  I finished off the invitation with a bright red envelope a fancy wrap label (love them!) and a thank you card to match! {For a tutorial on these invites click here}

invitesFull
I rented out a local park shelter for the location, and then drove straight to Hobby Lobby to buy up everything ladybug-ish I could find to decorate!  The main colors were red, black and white with pops of yellow and green added in for more of a summer look.  It turned out great!

Decorations

Next came the food.  We did a grill out for everyone and then had cupcakes for the guests and an 8 inch smash cake for the birthday girl!  I ordered grass green cupcakes with little ladybugs and a simple, white smash cake with red piping.  I then found a lady on Etsy to design a custom cake banner!

CakeFull

We had an incredible turnout of family and friends and we felt so incredibly blessed to have our little girl surrounded with so much love and support on her big day!  

GuestsFull

The girl is 100% spoiled rotten!  There is no doubt about it!  She received tons of new toys and clothes for her birthday, more toys and clothes than we know what to do with! 

DecorationsFull

Thank you to everyone who came, celebrated, and wished our little lady well on her 1st birthday.  Even though she may not remember it, the pictures/videos and memories we will most definitely share with her someday as a reminder of the amazing people she has in her life!

Photography by Alisha & Julie Photography
Ladybug Dress: Dillards
Ladybug Bib: A Baby Notion
Cake Topper: Especially Paper
Cake/Cupcakes: Bevs Cakes
Picture Banner: DIY 
Ladybug Frame: DIY 
Flower Pots: IKEA & DIY

I'll be sure to post this year's party pics here in a couple of months, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment