Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Budget Friendly Laundry Room Makeover




Last weekend I spent a good chunk of my time revamping our laundry room.  Ok, it’s not really a room, it’s more like a large, walk-in closet, but regardless, it serves its purpose well.  Here is a before shot of the space...pretty dull and boring. 


I figured since we tend to spend a lot of my time in this room on the weekends (that’s when we do laundry), we might as well make it a space we enjoy being in – makes the chore a little less daunting. 

One of my favorite things about the room is that it has a window, and I wanted to use that window to make it bright and cheery.   To help with that, I chose yellow as the accent color. 

I found a small, yellow rug for the floor to help break up the space a bit.


I then added a cute yellow sunflower pot to bring in more yellow cheer. 


Next, I used wicker baskets to give the space a more organized feel by hiding a lot of our laundry/cleaning accessories.




And as if that wasn't enough, I scored this awesome glass container at Hobby Lobby to hold our laundry detergent. 


Lastly, I used these chalkboard labels and started labeling everything, which led to the end result of this happy little laundry room.  Isn’t she pretty? 


Here’s the price breakdown:

Yellow rug (Kohls): $15 (on sale)
Wicker Baskets (Hobby Lobby): $35 (on sale)
Glass Container (Hobby Lobby) $7 (on sale)
Flower pot (DIY): $10

Total: $67 - not bad, right?!

Shared with:

Family Home and Life
Treasure Tromp

The Grits Blog