Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The swticheroo...

For the last couple of weeks, Ryan and I have been going back and forth trying to decide when is the right time for Rowen to make the transition from a crib to a “big girl” bed.  Lately, when we put her to bed at night, she almost seems “too big” for her crib.  Even though she has yet to climb out, we think it might be time.  In the next month or so we plan to crack down hard on potty training, but before we do, we want to be sure Rowen is out of her crib and can easily access the potty at night when needed.

So, for the past couple of days I have been pondering ideas for her room, and last night I spent a good two hours on Pinterest "oooh-ing and awww-ing" over adorable bedroom designs.  Here are a few of my favorites:

I am so so so IN LOVE with the Jenny Lind spindle bed from Land of Nod.  In fact, this is the bed I am leaning toward going with for her room, but I hate the price.  


I also love the idea of hanging a bunting banner on the wall above her bed and scattering adorable frames and paintings.  So cute!



Check out this bed and all of its storage space, which I think would work well as Rowen gets older, too!


Right now Rowen’s room is pink and blue, but I am about 10 seconds away from changing it after seeing the color scheme in this photo!  Gorgeous!


I am also considering doing something a bit out of my comfort zone with one of the walls in her room.  I love this chevron pattern, but can’t imagine the eye rolls I will get when I tell Ryan that he’ll have to be the one to figure out how to make it happen, haha.


Even though I am excited to have her make the switch, the Nervous Nelly in me still has a lot of questions..
  1. What age is the right age to transition?
  2. Do we just take the rails off her crib and convert to a toddler bed or should we just bite the bullet and move her straight to a regular bed?
  3. What size bed would we get her?  Twin or Full?
  4. How will the transition affect her sleeping habits?
Eeeek, I guess only time will tell!  

Shared With:

Time for Mom


ourlifeonabudget

No comments:

Post a Comment