Monday, November 10, 2014

Meal Plan Monday 11/10

Happy Monday!  This past weekend started Friday night when I went to a friend's house for pizza and the chance to snuggle her new baby boy!  So cute!

Saturday, Rowen headed to the lake for some Grandma and Grandpa time while Ryan and I hung with friends at the Beer, Wine and Food Expo downtown!  I had so much fun walking around, sampling all sorts of drinks and stuffing my face that I plum forgot to take pics...whoops!

Later that night I headed out for girls night with my friends from high school while Ryan hung back to watch his precious football. "There are so many good games on tonight" is all I kept hearing him say that day, haha.

Sunday was pretty much spent hanging around the house.  I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I did manage to get one of my top "to-do" items accomplished.  It had been almost two years since I had updated the family pics we have hanging on our wall, YAY!


Now, on to meals for this week...

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the lack of pictures in this week's Meal Plan Monday.  I've been under the weather and life is just plain busy right now so we decided to be "creative" this week and clean out our pantry.  Every so often we take a few minutes to go through the food we have on hand and decide what we can do with it.  I hate letting food go to waste so this week we're eating based on what we had hanging around inside our cupboards.  This meant I only had to grocery shop for a few staple items...score!

Monday:  Italian Spinach Salads -  Using the box of rotini noodles we had sitting around + a bag of spinach + Italian dressing + roma tomato + chicken breast = easy peasy!

Tuesday:  Cheese Enchiladas -  We had three cans of enchilada sauce in our cupboard and a ton of cheese in our fridge, so cheese enchiladas and spanish rice it is!  All I had to buy were tortilla shells and rice!

Wednesday:  Veggie Stir-Fry -  Using the bag of frozen veggies we had sitting unopened in the freezer + two packs of ramen noodles and some rice to create some delicious stir-fry!

Thursday:  Not Cooking

Friday:  Homemade Pizza -  Using the bag of pizza dough in our cupboard + some yummy toppings = super easy Friday night meal!

There you have it.  Four simple meals using a bunch of ingredients we already had laying around the house.  My cupboards will be much less cluttered after this week!

That's it for tonight.  There is no work for me tomorrow thanks to Veteran's Day so I'm off to watch a movie and attempt to stay up past 9:30!  Have a good night!

Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment