Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Sorry for being MIA the last few days.  The last half of my week was spent traveling out of town for work, so not much was accomplished on the blog.

Back at it now though.  As usual, it was a whirlwind of a weekend!  I cannot believe tomorrow is already Monday, yuck!

Friday afternoon Rowen was picked up early from daycare for some one-on-one time with Ryan's mom.  They spent the afternoon at a local garden, where Rowen got to see one of her favorite things...butterflies!  All she could talk about when she got home was the butterfly that landed on her head.  "Firefly (aka butterfly) on head", so cute!



Since Ryan's mom was nice enough to keep Rowen for the night, Ryan and I took full advantage and headed to out for dinner and drinks!



It was nice to get out by ourselves for a bit!

***

Saturday morning I met up with a friend for a morning jog and then enjoyed the afternoon watching Rowen make a friend of her own!  Erinn and her daughter, Kynnedy were in town visiting a mutual friend of ours, so we decided to meet up to let the girls play!  We played inside for a bit and then headed to the park where both girls mastered the twirly slide by themselves!  So fun!




***

This morning the entire family slept in until 8:30, which is pretty much unheard of, especially for me!  We headed to church and then home for lunch.  My half marathon training schedule had been starring me in the face all weekend so later that afternoon I met up with a friend where I discovered I am much more of an early morning runner than a late afternoon runner - those six miles took it right out of me! Oh well, lesson learned.

We ended the evening with dinner and Frozen, which we now own.  Rowen loves it...well, the first 20 minutes anyway and then she tends to lose interest, but if you ask me the first 20 minutes are the best anyway!  :)  #letitgo

Hope you guys had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment