Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

What a fun weekend it was!

Friday night the weather was too perfect to spend the evening indoors, so we headed to the park where we met up with my cousin and her daughter, Gabriele for some fun on the slides!


***

Saturday was another gorgeous day!  I started it off with a seven mile run and then hurried home to meet up with my sister so we could spend our afternoon with Rowen at the zoo!  I hadn't been to our local zoo in 10+ years, so it was just as fun for me as it was for her!  The zoo was packed when we got there because they were having their annual Easter Eggstravaganza!

We spent a majority of the time walking around looking at the different animals, but I think her favorite part of it all was just spending time with her Auntie, Sarah.


After about 45 minutes, it started getting hot and very crowded so we decided to check out the egg hunt.


I was a bit nervous she'd be too young for it, but I was wrong, it was perfect for her age!

Each kid got an egg carton to fill up with plastic eggs.  Then, once their carton was full, they traded it in for a treat bag!  So fun!




After the egg hunt we decided it was time to go.  The temp was up in the low 80's (yay!) and we were all getting hungry.

Next stop...lunch at Chick-fil-A!


Rowen was exhausted by the time I put her in the car.  Not two minutes after pulling out of the parking lot, she was out like a light!

Saturday night was spent in front of the fire pit getting to know our new next-door neighbors. This neighborhood has a lot of kids in it, I'm excited to watch Rowen make friends over the next couple of years!

***

This morning we woke up to rain, rain and more rain.  Yesterday was sunny and hot and today it was cold, windy and rainy...go figure!  


Even though it was raining, we still decided to get out of the house to do a little clothes shopping for Rowen.  The girl is now set for Spring/Summer!


Later, we ventured out to pay (what I thought would be) a fun visit to the Easter Bunny!  Bad idea, she did NOT want to sit on his lap.  The second she laid eyes on him she started to cry.  There was no way we were going to get her to sit by herself, so I joined her.




Hope you had a good weekend, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment