Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kitchen updates

The only decorating I've really done to the kitchen since we moved in (almost a year ago) is hang curtains.  So, for the past couple of weeks, I have slowly been checking off some of the “to-do” items on my list.  I have quite a few ideas floating around in my head for this space in our house and couldn't wait to get started!

One of the first things I wanted to do was buy a large area rug for underneath the dining table.  Since moving in, I've been paranoid about the floors getting scratched so a rug was a must!  After looking at about 100 different rugs, I finally settled on a basket weave rug I found at my local furniture store (very similar to this one).  It adds instant warmth to the room, which I love.  It’s also technically an indoor/outdoor rug, which (I hope) means it’s virtually indestructible and easy to clean!



One of my most recent obsessions is table runners.  No clue why, I just really like the way they add so much color and texture to the table!  Once I found this adorable runner on Etsy I knew I had to have it! 



One of the bigger items on my to-do list was adding hardware to the kitchen cabinets.  I was super excited for this until I discovered just how pricey hardware can be!  Luckily, our local hardware store was having a sale so we ended up getting a pretty good deal on these stainless steel pulls! I absolutely love the way the hardware gives the kitchen that modern, finished look I was going for!



I still have quite a few items left on my list to finish, one of them being a super easy DIY project from Kidecals, which I will be back with next week!  Stay tuned!

Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment