Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Do you WASHI?


Normally I don’t carry a protective case on my iPhone.  Reason being, I usually run with my phone in an arm band, and taking it out of a pesky case so it fit always seemed like more work than it was worth.  Until the other night that is, when I dropped my phone on the tile floor and cracked the heck out of the screen.  Lesson learned, I guess.  Since then I’ve been on the hunt for a case.  Most of the cases I want cost between $20 and $30, which I think is ridiculous.  

Enter Washi Tape.  


Apparently Washi Tape has been around for quite sometime, but for one reason or another I’ve only recently discovered it!  I love all the bright colors and the endless amount of things you can decorate with it…including a cell phone case!

I have to say, I love the two cases I made – they turned out cute and were a fraction of the price!


Supplies Needed:
  • Clear or solid color cell phone case (found mine in the dollar bin at Target)
  • Washi Tape
  • X-acto Knife
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint Brush 

Start by taking your Washi Tape and laying it down in strips on the back of the case (be sure to line up the tape as straight as possible)


Trim the edges and the hole for the camera with your x-acto knife.


Next you’ll want to seal it with a thin layer of Mod Podge so the tape won't scratch or peel. 



Wa-la...so easy and so inexpensive! 




And while I'm at it, here are a few other cute ways to Washi - check it out...

Washi Tape Letters: 


Keyboard Art:

Organize with Washi Tape:



Shared with:




No comments:

Post a Comment